Doxycycline – usage, possible side effects and risks, overdosing and precautions
Doxycycline is the first line medication to treat a wide range of bacterial drugs. The antibiotic features serious side effects and must not be used uncontrolled. Read user reviews to find out efficacy of the drug.
Doxycycline is a number one antibiotic for treatment of a wide range of susceptible bacterial strains. The drug is also proved to effectively treat and further on prevent acne infection of skin of various localization. Doxycycline is administered to patients visiting countries with high risk of direct exposure to malaria. In this case the antibiotic is prescribed in preventive dosages.
Doxycycline belongs to the tetracycline group of antibiotics. It works be prevention of bacterial DNA structures from replication. Thus bacteria stop growing and replicating. In this way the drug stops spreading of the disease and helps immune system to fight and clear out the infection.
Doxycycline must not be used against viral diseases as it does not cause any effect on viruses. Though the medicine performs a potent anti-inflammatory effect, it will not treat common cold or flu, however in rare cases it may relieve the symptoms.
Mind, that you may buy Doxycycline only after consulting your health care provider. The matter is that many symptoms are confusing and very similar. On the initial stage when only the symptoms of inflammation are present, it is hard to distinguish whether the condition is caused with a bacterial invasion or with a virus. Only lab tests will indicate what causes inflammation. If you misuse Doxycycline, then you will experience symptoms worsening. But what is more, the disease may mutate and turn resistant to the action of the antibiotic. This will decrease the efficacy of standard drugs and may cause death in patients who are forced into certain treatment with additional conditions (hyper-sensitivity to certain drugs or contraindications due to other conditions).
What conditions are treated with Doxycycline?
Doxycycline online official source claims that the antibiotic is effective for treatment and prevention of the next spectrum of diseases:
- acute involvement of uterus lining with gonorrhea
- rectal involvement with gonorrhea
- upper and middle respiratory tract infections as sinusitis, bronchitis
- involvement of various tissues with Chlamydia
- anthrax bacterial infections of stomach
- inflammations of urethra caused with susceptible bacterial strains
- skin infections
- various pneumonias
Doxycycline is also administered for prevention and in the treatment schemes of the next conditions and cases:
- direct exposure to sexually passed diseases in case of sexual assault
- inflammations of mouth cavity (gums in particular)
- unexplained inflammations of mouth cavity and around teeth
- arthritis developed in course of Lyme disease
- dilation of blood vessels in eye balls
- intestine inflammations of unexplained nature
This spectrum of usage proves that Doxycycline can be used safely for prevention and treatment of various diseases and conditions.
How to take Doxycycline correctly for the highest efficiency
Doxycycline is best taken by mouth. To ensure the best absorption and fast delivery to the blood, the drug is recommended to be taken on empty stomach. Take a pill an hour prior to meals ot at least two hours later after meals.
It does not matter whether you take a whole dosage of the drug at a time or split your daily dosage for several intakes. However taking the medicine in lower dosages and more frequently will reduce the risk of possible side effects which are commonly related to the Doxycycline treatment.
For better absorption the drug must be taken with a full glass of water. In 30% of cases Doxycycline causes upset stomach, unfortunately. In this case the dosage is advised to be taken with a small amount of food or a glass of milk. But mind that such a way of intake may reduce the efficacy of the drug, and thus you will need to take a longer course of treatment. During the treatment course of Doxycycline it is recommended to keep to a low-calcium diet as high content of calcium in foods or taking additional calcium in food supplements and vitamin complexes decrease the efficacy of the medicine. Other elements which can affect the efficacy of Doxycycline are aluminim, magnesium, iron, zinc and other vitamins and micro-elements.
To avoid side effects from the digestive system it is recommended not to lie down for at least 15-20 minutes after intake of the medicine.
In case of malaria preventive treatment Doxycycline must be taken once a day in dosages indicated for you in the medication guide provided with the pill box. The preventive treatment must start at least 3-5 days prior to the first visit to the areas of high risk of contamination or before the first contact with a potential source of contamination.
For malaria prevention the drug must be start prior to the visit to a potentially dangerous areas, during the visit and at least four weeks after the return. If there are certain conditions which prevent you from taking the drug, please, consult your doctor prior to Doxycycline withdrawal.
In case of treatment of diagnosed bacterial conditions, you must follow the next rules to achieve recovery:
- buy Doxycyline only in dosages which are indicated for you by your health care provider
- buy Doxycyline only in the form which is prescribed to you: there are pills, capsules and suspensions; ask your health care provider which form is better for you and find out whether you can opt for another form of the drug
- get Doxycyline online in advance to have the drug for a full treatment course; you must not interrupt the treatment as any pause in intake of antibacterial drug may cause resistance from the part of bacteria causing the condition in your case
- take Doxycyline for a full course prescribed to you, do not terminate the treatment even if you feel better. Doxycyline is a powerful medicine ensuring fast relief of bothersome symptoms; however the absence of symptoms does not mean the recovery
- do not decrease your dosage of Doxycyline, 70% of Doxycyline online reviews claim that early withdrawal causes in most cases the return of symptoms
What side effects can I expect during Doxycycline treatment?
There are two types of side effects assigned the medicine:
- those side effects confirmed by the drug manufacturer
- those side effects reported by patients
Doxycycline is commonly a well tolerable drug, however you may expect the next side effects present in your case:
- digestive side effects – upset stomach (controlled and managed with proper intake and nutrition), nausea and vomiting. In case you vomit within the first 15 minutes after the intake, please, take another dosage of the drug. Report the case to your health care provider if the symptoms of indigestion get worse or persist no matter how you take and what you eat with the drug;
- headaches caused with increased blood pressure in the skull – Doxycyline online also Zithromax online research has proved that this side effect is more evident in women and teenagers, overweight patients. If you suffer from headaches caused with skull hypertension, then warn your doctor about the condition and ask for the treatment to control pressure during Doxycyline treatment. Headache during Doxycyline treatment must not be neglected as the condition may lead to temporary vision loss and hearing problems.
Doxycycline affects not only bad bacteria but the medicine causes dysbiosis in intestines and vagina, thus vaginal yeast infection commonly occurs in women during Doxycycline treatment. You can apply local yeast infection treatment, but you are recommended to avoid taking pills for yeast infection to avoid interaction with Doxycycline;
Doxycycline may cause allergic reactions which are present with redness, rash, itching, swelling, dizziness and difficult breathing. Do not take any anti-allergic drugs to avoid reactions of interaction with Doxycycline.
Drug producer also warns you that Doxycycline increases sun sensitivity of the skin, thus during the treatment and 14 days after the end of treatment you must take additional care about your skin: applying sun screens, topical creams or avoid direct exposure to sun beams.
Prolonged intake of Doxycycline may cause teeth discolouration. This condition will not improve after you end the treatment course. That is why it is recommended to get additional advice on tooth care during the treatment to avoid such a consequence.
What side effects are reported in Doxycycline online reviews?
Over 13% of patients report severe stomach pain which can not be managed with dosage lowering or taking the drug with recommended products and drinks.
27% of patients report severe uncontrollable diarrhea during the treatment course with Doxycycline.
Over 61% of patients report no side effects during the treatment, moreover most of them use Doxycycline for prolonged treatment courses (over two months). Mind that prolonged treatment must always be controlled by a health care provider.
What precautions you need to know before you buy Doxycycline online?
Doxycycline is a well tolerable and low risk drug, however there are specific groups of patients who must take the drug with caution. Among such patients there are people with:
- chronic heart and vessel conditions
- digestive system diseases – stomach ulcer, heartburn, reflux problems
- asthma and severe allergic reactions to any medicines in the past
Doxycycline must not be given to children under 8 years old as they are more sensitive to side effects of the drug. Only a doctor must prescribe antibiotics to children estimating the benefits and risks of the treatment for each individual case.
Doxycycline must never by given to pregnant patients as it causes birth defects. Moreover the drug passes to the breast milk. If the treatment is essential for a breastfeeding woman, then breast feeding must be stopped. The milk must not be given to a kid for at least 14 days after the end of Doxycycline treatment.
What should I additionally know before Doxycycline purchase?
Doxycycline is a cheap drug which is available offline only with prescription from your health care provider. However you can buy Doxycycline online without prescription, bit we strongly recommend you not to start the treatment without prior examination.
Taking this antibiotic uncontrollably without your doctor tracking your condition is risky. Doxycycline will suppress the bacterial infection, however the length of the treatment and a daily dosage can be prescribed exactly only by your doctor estimating your condition: symptoms presence, severity of symptoms, the scale of contamination and the risks for your health.
Medication guide provided with Doxycycline pill box contains only general information on the average treatment courses. For your individual case the dosage and the treatment length will be different.
What is a correct plan of bacterial infection treatment?
To successfully recover from bacterial disease which is susceptible to the action of Doxycycline, you must take actions in the next order:
- visit your doctor and report your symptoms
- pass all necessary lab tests and get prescriptions
- buy Doxycyline online or offline (online is cheaper) in advance to cover the full treatment course
- pass all the same lab tests in 21 days after the end of treatment; your doctor will estimate the efficacy of treatment. The tests will show how many bacteria are there still present in your body. In certain cases your health care provider will prescribe you additional course of Doxycyline. In such cases patients commonly get lower dosages of Doxycyline.
Is Doxycycline purchase online safe for me?
Doxycycline is available online and offline, you can buy the same effective drug from a reputable online drug store and save on treatment, however you must understand that in case you buy Doxycycline or take the drug without prescription or without control from the part of your doctor, then you take all the responsibility for possible risks and outcomes of the treatment.
Nobody else will carry responsibility for your life and health if you take the drugs uncontrollably. Though Doxycycline is safe and there are no lethal outcomes known which are related to Doxycycline treatment, still you can experience certain worsening of the initial condition which can be dangerous or even lethal. Some infections can lead to complications and organ dysfunctions.
Another great risk of uncontrollable taking of Doxycycline is interaction with other drugs. That is why it is recommended to see a doctor to find out which drugs this antibiotic interacts with and what are safe combinations. Mind that the efficacy of Doxycycline is also affected with vitamins and food supplements.